Monday, July 28, 2008

Singtel Hot$100

Another busy week. Have been working from home on Saturdays for at least 4 weeks. Long working hours. Really tiring. I started seeing characters like moving maggots on my computer screen, my eyes are too tired! I need some rest. I do not have time for shopping. Hmmm, will try to arrange a shopping session this Saturday, anyone interested? (Salary should be in by end of this week, don tell me that got no money)

I have reloaded my mobile phone with Hot$100 again. I pay only $26 for the card, but I get $128 of value inside. Too happy! $100 for local talk time and local sms, $28 is for IDD talk time and IDD sms. I have been using this Hot$100 for quite some time (I think nearly one year). Since I am not a kind of person who always cook "phone porridge", so I have a lot of credits in my account, around $500 in Local talk time.
It is cheap to make calls in Singapore.

It looks like this

The rates:
Local call rate (day time) - $0.22 per minute (deduct from local call account) (now with free incoming calls, previously you need to pay for receiving calls)

Local call rate (after 8p.m.) - $0.08 per minute (deduct from local call account)

IDD call rate (day time) - $0.22 per minute (deduct from IDD account)

IDD call rate (day time) - $0.08 per minute (deduct from IDD account)- very cheap!

If I call my friends in Malaysia, lets say we talk for one hour, the total will be $0.08 x 60 minutes = $4.80
After convert
$4.80 x 2.4 = RM11.52

RM11.52 for 60 minutes on IDD call, not expensive rite? compare to prepaid user in Malaysia where you need to pay RM0.36 per minute.
RM0.36 x 60 minutes = RM21.60
RM21.60 !!! for local calls only!!!

So, next time, if you are coming to Singapore for vacation. Why not buy a prepaid card here (only $8.00). You will save a lot. International Roaming - RM4.00 per sms!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wah, so cheap ar for phone calls. But comparing to US, people who receive call and also call out will also be charged. So different.

    But SMS seems like a killing blow. RM4 is way expensive. I was thinking its only a few cents. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Singapore, same as US, receive calls and making calls also will be charged, in fact, same rate.
    But, if you receive call at night, more expensive, mean $0.22 per minute, making calls at night only $0.08 per minute.

    ReplyDelete