Sunday, September 14, 2008

Steamboat @ Bugis




'Ma Lat' steamboat @ Bugis


We ordered clear herbal soup and Ma Lat soup (medium spicy).
Upon ordering they will ask you whether you want 'small' spicy, 'medium' spicy or 'big' spicy.


I like this clear soup. Very 'sweet' and nice.


We ordered 'medium' spicy, as you can see, half of the Ma Lat soup is covered by Dried Cili Padi.


Operating Hours: 11.00a.m - 5 a.m
Price : SG$18 per head

Drinks provided: Water chestnut drink and Lime juice (but they do sell can drinks and beer too)
Soup base : Tomyam, Ma Lat, and Herbal clear soup

Most of the time, you have to queue up in front of the restaurant in order to get a table, that day Chloe and I waited approximately 30 minutes. We ate from 6.30 p.m to 9.00 p.m. lol

12 comments:

  1. aiyo......i think the spicy soup looked like just a thick pile of oil. high cholesterol ler....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calvin soo:
    Once in a blue moon, ok one...

    I think I prefer tomyam than Ma Lat, next time i will order tomyam soup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too .. tom yam lover. Every time I go singapore, I only have time for airport - ferry - airport, no time to stop by the city for anything .. sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wah the mahlat look so oily.. remmeber to drink tea to clear all the 'oil' in ur tummy~

    Life's Roller Coaster~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I have craving for steamboat! At 6.30am! lol

    I'll steer clear of the spicy soup though. From the look of it, not something my tummy can handle. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yo,yeah doesnt look like medium spicy. Looks like super spicy. :P
    I like clear soup always when i eat steamboat.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. pete: I don really like ma lat, I dislike oily food. I prefer Tom Yam. Ordered Ma Lat that day because this restaurant is famous of Ma Lat.

    Ben: Ya, I know tea helps to 'cleanse' oil, but they do not serve tea. I drank Lime juice. Lime juice also helps rite? If not why they put in dish washing liquid? lol

    irene: My colleagues call me "chili padi Queen". Craving for steamboat at 6.30am? Cool! Was it raining or what? I normally crave for steamboat when it is raining.

    Edward: Let's go for steamboat one day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. family first:
    Why airport - ferry - airport?
    Going to Indonesia thru Singapore?
    If u stay in KL, it is only 5 hours away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! Looks real spicy!! I don't think my stomach can handle that!

    ReplyDelete